Local, Regional, and State Leadership Experience
- Santa Monica College Trustee
- Community College League of California
- California Community College Trustees
- California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office (CCCCO) Consultation Council
- CCCCO Common Assessment Initiative Steering Committee
- CCCCO Institutional Effectiveness Partnership Initiative, Indicators Workgroup
- Los Angeles County School Trustees Association Board
- The Research & Planning Group for California Community Colleges Board
- Community for Excellent Public Schools (CEPS)
- Will Rogers PTA, Santa Monica High School PTSA, & Santa Monica Malibu Council of PTAs
- Santa Monica Lifelong Learning Community Project
- Santa Monica Cradle to Career Initiative
- Santa Monica Early Education and Child Care Task Force
- Doctor of Education (2012) from UCLA; B. A. in Biology from Antioch College, Yellow Springs, Ohio
- Dissertation Excellence 2013, The Research & Planning Group for California Community Colleges
- Outstanding Ed.D. Dissertation Award 2013, UCLA Department of Education
Presentations & Papers (partial list)
- Mathematics from High School to Community College: Using Existing Tools to Increase College Readiness Now. (Policy Brief, April 2014). Stanford, CA: Policy Analysis for California Education.
- The Gatekeeper: Mathematics and College Access/Success. UCLA Educational Leadership Program Symposium, Twenty Years: Leadership Across the Educational Continuum.
- Using Shared Research to Clear Pathways to College Readiness. The RP Group, Strengthening Student Success Conference.
- Launchpad to College Readiness in Math: Repositioning Senior Year. ACSA Leadership Summit, Launching Our Bold New Future.
- Can Collaborative K-12/Community College Research Give Us the Lift We Need? CCLC Annual Convention, California Community Colleges Soaring to New Heights.
- Reclaiming Senior Year: The Effects of No Math in Grade 12. CSBA Annual Conference.
- Using the API to Increase College Readiness in Mathematics Now. Presentation to the California Department of Education's Public Schools Accountability Act Advisory Committee.
Community Involvement - member or contributor to (partial list)
Connections for Children, Meals on Wheels, Red Cross, Samohi Grad Nite, SM Conservancy, SM History Museum, SM League of Women Voters, SMC Associates, SMM Education Foundation, SMRR, St. Joseph Center, The People Concern, Westside Family Health Center, Westside Food Bank
- Santa Monica resident and SMC neighbor for more than 30 years
- The Simpsons Script Supervisor
- Local 871, I.A.T.S.E.